Our range of experience with Healthcare clients is extensive. We work with individual medical practitioners, clinics, medical organisations, long term care/care homes, allied health (non-invasive patient care) and large multi-location medical facilities.
This could be by investing in cutting edge medical equipment/technology, improving preventative medicine techniques, to implementing a more robust risk management programme. The ultimate challenge to any medical professional is to ensure that they are providing the best possible patient care with the tools available to them.
Unfortunately, medicine is not an exact science and things do occasionally go wrong. This is where we at CKRe come in. We ensure that when something does go wrong, the medical professional or medical organisation have their personal assets and/or balance sheet protected with the right insurance product.
Our reach to clients and brokers is global, meaning we can work on any risk in almost any geographic location. To this point, providing patient care is administered in similar ways across the world. The variable is that the standard of care can differ greatly from one country to another.
We have worked with some of the leading healthcare providers in the world which enables us to source insurance cover, whether the risk be large or small, simple or complex. We offer the following services:
Building and/or reviewing your Medical Malpractice Third Party Liability Insurance Programme
As mentioned above, healthcare and the provision of providing patient care is always evolving. Any insurance product should be as fluid as the core business of providing healthcare. We aim to provide you with this and ensure in the unfortunate event of a claim being made against you and/or your institution, your medical malpractice policy responds accordingly. We can also offer to review your current policy and offer statistical analysis of the structure of your current insurance product to make sure it is right for you or your organisation.
We have many healthcare products currently in place for healthcare providers. Alternatively, if one of our current products does not work for you, we will develop a product to suit a specific risk profile, risk appetite and financial capabilities.
Product Development Examples
- Captive Formation and Alternative Risk Transfer (ART): Alternative methods of insurance that involves setting up a risk transfer mechanism that maximises return on risk.
- Insurance and Reinsurance: We work on building programmes on an insurance or reinsurance basis.
- Market penetration: We have access to alternative capital providers where other broking institutions would not have the same level of influence that we have.
- Data correlation: We provide advice and strategy on how to collect, present and provide your data in a way that accurately reflects and represents your risk to underwriters. Data recorded and presented in the “right way” will always ensure a competitive price and broader coverage.
- Risk Management Services: We offer advice and ideas on how to better manage a healthcare risk. This ranges right from the pre-patient care to post-patient care such as pain management and what to do in the event of a claim.
- Data Protection – Cyber Insurance: If your computer systems have been breached by a third party and confidential data has been released into the public domain, we offer an insurance solution and post-breach advice to cover your costs associated with this breach.
- Medical Evacuation(MediVac)/Medical Tourism: Third Party Liability coverage (including defence costs) for MediVac/Medical Tourism.
- Life Science: Third Party Liability coverage for clinical trials (Products and Public Liability) and bio-science research.
- Individual Medical Practitioner Coverage: We can offer competitive Terms & Conditions as an alternative to the traditional Medical Defence Organisation coverage.